Work (2)

"Father , I know that all my life
Is portioned out by Thee,
And the changes that shall surely come
I do not fear to see ;
But I ask Thee for a present mind
Intent on serving Thee.

I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do ,
Or secret thing to know ;
I would be treated as a child ,
And guided where I go ."
Thus ,brother ,"go thy way till the end be ;" and "thou shalt rest , and stand in thy lot at the end of the days,"

For men of few talents it is better not to attempt too much , but rather to do well the little for which they have capacity. The man who would be and do mre than he is fit for , is worse than useless . He brings forth , not the sweet wholesome fruit of the Spirit , but the inflated fruits of vanity , which , like the apples of Sodom , are fair and delicious to the eye and soft to the touch , but are yet full of wind , and being pressed , explode like a balloon .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church discipline