The will of God

Nothing that is good can exist which God did not will to be , and nothing that is evil can exist which God did not will to allow . The will of God goes before all other wills ; it does not depend on them , but they depend on it .  Its movements regulate them . The " I will " of Jehovah is the spring and origen of of all that is done throughout the universe , great and small , among things animate and inaminate . It was this " I will " that brought angels into being and still sustains them . It was this "I will " that was the origin of salvation to a lost world . It was this " I will " that provided a redeemer and accomplished redemption . It was this "I will " that begins ,carries on and ends salvation in each soul that is redeemed . It is this "I will " that opens the blind eye and unstops the deaf ear .  It was this "I will that awakens the slumberer and raises the dead . I do not mean that , merely generally speaking , God declared his will concerning these things , but that each individual conversion ( Nay, every movement that forms a part of it ) , originates in this supreme "I will ," When Jesus healed the leper , he said " I will , be thou clean ," So when a soul is converted , there is the same distinct and special forthputting of the Divine will , " I will , be converted !"Everything that can be called good in man , or in the universe , originates in the "I will " of Jehovah . Horatius Bonar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church discipline