wiles of the devil

If the first pair had not entered into a covenant with the wicked one , there would not have been a fall.Neither at the first nor at any subsequent period has the enemy come forward as an enemy, declaring war , and depending on the use of force. Not the power , but the wiles of the Devil have we cause to dread. If either he or we should assume the attitude of adversary, our cause were won. Knowing that he lacks power to destroy God's creature's , he simulates friendship , and persuades them to destroy themselves. On the other hand , if we count and treat the devil as an enemy, we shall overcome him. The principle is expressed in the Psalm-"When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back . This I know , for God is for me."(Psalm 61v9.) The turning point is , "when I cry." It means ,when I am no longer in with my destroyer, I have the omnipotent on my side. It is when we are traitors to ourselves that the adversary gains the advantage. Rev. W. Arnot.

Comments

  1. you have a interesting blog
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Church discipline