the way

Let this be our prayer, "Show me thy ways O Lord, teach me thy paths;" "Lead me in thy truth and teach me ;" " Lead me in the way everlasting ;" Whether it be amid the groves and singing streams and sunshine of Gerizim, or amid the "blackness and darkness and tempest, " of Ebal, I will hear the guiding voice saying , "Follow thou me ;" - "This is the way , walk ye in it ."
"Lead, kindly light;amid the encircling gloom
Lead Thou me on :
The night is dark ,and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on .
Keep Thou my feet, I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

"I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou
Shouldest lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path, but now
Lead Thou me on .
I loved the glare of day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will; remember not past years.

" So long Thy power hath blessed me , sure it still
Will lead me on.
O'er vale and hill, through stream and torrent , till
The night is gone;
And with the morn , those angel faces smile
Which I have loved long since , and lost awhile." From "Noontide at Sychar" by J.R.Macduff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church discipline